Sunday, June 8, 2008

Enjoying life when it's normal

There are only two states of being, (1) submission to God, and (2) refusal to submit to anything beyond one's own will; the latter which enslaves one to the forces of evil. --Scott Peck, People of the Lie

While studying my way through the spiritual warfare sections of FPO, I came upon this quote. I haven't spent a ton of time processing it, but I would agree that you're either in submission or you're not. As someone who has both been in submission and in complete defiance, I can tell you that submission is a whole lot easier on you.

As my family says on the phone, I don't know much. We've had sort of an easy weekend. Marc and I watched The Sum of All Fears on Saturday night, which was interesting, because we understood most of the Russian without the subtitles. That was kind of cool. We probably got about 40% of yesterday's sermon at church, which is amazing. We had an all-mission brunch on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. I really like my colleagues here, and we seldom meet together. Moscow is a bigger city than you think, geographically, and it's hard to get everyone together. Yesterday was church, where the people love us so much. Sarah Beth and I have decided that when we attend church in the states, it will seem weird for things to be so short. Our church service is the length of Sunday School and church minus the songs. It will also be weird to go on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights, since we don't have that here. And we really won't know how to handle everything being in English.

So it's just kind of a normal time in our lives. We're working, taking care of kids, re-arranging the apartment, learning Russian...living life. We're spending today at IKEA, where we have to get a new dining room table. Then we're headed home to enjoy a day off with our kids. Sounds like a pretty good time to me! Wherever you are in the world, I hope you can enjoy the easy times in your life, and that the door to your living room doesn't pop out of the wall every time the wind blows. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

No comments: