Monday, October 13, 2008

Fulfilling the ministry

Hannah, Larissa, and Sarah Beth at the Grandhotel Pupp (yep, that's pronounced in the most unfortunate way) in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.

More Karlovy Vary. This was our favorite place, and my pictures definitely don't do it justice. You'll have to check Marc's blog for better pics. Just suffice to say--God's handiwork is evident everywhere you look in this gorgeous spa town on the German border.

But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. II Timothy 4:5

In a few hours, the taxi will be here to pick us up and take us to the Prague airport, where we will catch a plane and fly back to Moscow. We've had two weeks here, and we've thoroughly enjoyed every second of our time. We've seen old friends, beloved friends, friends who are more like family, and I am grateful to God for the chance to do that. I'm also grateful to work for a company that provides time for us to decompress, because that's exactly what we did here.

I won't lie...it's hard to go back. It's hard to understand what God is doing. Why couldn't we be called where our friends are called? I am not a girl who has to have a big group of friends, but it would be nice if they could be in the same country, at least. But that's not where we are right now. We are in Moscow, and that's where God has called us for this moment in our lives. Forever? I have no clue. Maybe yes, maybe no. But I know that I would rather be where God has called me than any other spot in the universe, no matter how beautiful or how many friends I have there. And so back to Moscow I go.

We have visited some of the most beautiful places in Europe while on this trip. Honestly, if you've never been to the Czech Republic, you must consider a trip here. Prague is gorgeous, and the cities around the country are equally, if not more, beautiful. But the best thing about being here, bar none, was the opportunity to be with our friends. We have encouraged and been encouraged, loved and been loved, cried for and been cried with, prayed for and been prayed with...everything a group as close as ours could have wanted. And I am thankful beyond words.

I must run and finish packing. We have some really neat things to take home and we came in way under budget--yea for us! Wherever you are in the world, I pray that you have time to decompress with people you adore, and that your flight today is on time. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

FUN stuff! I tell you, our AGM back in July was a much needed time away with friends too. We had a blessed time. The kids, especially Kevin, really came back to life being around other MKs. I'm so glad you got to spend time with those you are closest to. God is so good to give us the desires of our hearts.