Thursday, December 27, 2007

If I believed in luck, I'd be one lucky woman





LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were born or You gave birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. Psalm 90:1-2

I don't have much time this morning--Irina will be here in a little over an hour, and I haven't even showered yet--but I wanted to share some things from the last couple of days with you and post some pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Yesterday, we attended a party for the whole IMB Moscow mission. What fun! There was Papa John's pizza (yep, he's in Moscow) and lots and lots of desserts. I managed to make peanut butter brownies that were really good. We came home, ate pulled pork for dinner (Marc gave me a crock pot for Christmas--my life has been revolutionized!), and then spent the evening playing games (thank you to Poppy's Thursday morning prayer group, who gave us Christmas money with which we bought family games) and putting puzzles together. Marc's new chair was delivered from IKEA (I'm pretty sure there will be an IKEA in heaven), and we also enjoyed that for a while. Hannah came home from a friend's house about ten, and then we all went to bed not long after. Just a normal day, right? But here's the thing--a normal day is such a blessing. It turns out that normal days might just be God's greatest blessing here. We are making friends, we are having some fun with other people, but most importantly, we are learning to enjoy our time together. Sarah Beth and I spent the evening before watching the DVD of Guys and Dolls that she received for Christmas. It was such fun, and since I'm not going to have her here for that much longer (how is it possible that college is only 2 1/2 years away?), I am eating up having so much time with her. What a blessing.

Tonight, Sarah Beth's pal from St. Petersburg (Russia, not Florida) comes into town, and tomorrow they are leaving for a trip with the other teenagers from our region. Due to security concerns, I won't say where they're going until they're back, but let me assure you that you're going to be jealous. They are all excited, not only to get to go someplace really cool, but also to be together for a few days with their "mission friends" from our region. They are really a special group of teenagers, like the youth group you would pray your kids would be a part of at church. They're amazing. Please pray for their safe travel, meaningful time together, and safe return to their homes.

Well, I'm off to learn a little more of this language. Marc managed to tell the IKEA delivery guys how to get to our house--on the phone and all in Russian. I'm pretty impressed with that. Irina is constantly telling me how perfect his grammar is. Hmmm...I think I'll go study for a few minutes! The pictures are from our Christmas celebration. I love you all, and I hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world. Blessings to you and yours!
His,
Kellye

No comments: