Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Marc!

Being goofy with Hannah at a county fair in Virginia. I believe these were snow-cone tongues.
With John and Hannah at The Nutcracker in Moscow. Isn't it nice that they all match?
On the train to Kiev with Han and Sarah Beth. I'm not sure what kind of weird face Hannah is making, but it's pretty strange.
He's a handsome devil, isn't he? This was taken on the steps of his parents' house in Maryland.
At a church in Moscow with the team from Mobile. I love this picture...Sarah Beth took it.

If I called you every time I think of you
The phone would be ringing all day.
I keep thinking that these feelings
Will mellow with time,
But not yet, no way.
"Never say it enough" by Wayne Watson

Well, it's Marc's 40th birthday today. And as someone who has been around him for the last 20 years, let me just say that he only gets better with time. I spend 24 hours a day with him right now, with very few exceptions, and I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did yesterday, and I'll love him more tomorrow than today.

I believe God inhabits a human heart.
I believe it more now than ever before.
I see His reflection in you, in you
And I'm sure, I'm sure.
"Never say it enough" by Wayne Watson

The best thing I can say about Marc (and I can say lots and lots of good things) is that he is a reflection to me of who God is. In him I clearly see compassion and mercy and love that can only be explained by God's presence in his life. When I watch him as he struggles to learn Russian, when I watch him compose a video for a volunteer team, when I watch him with our English Club students, I am overwhelmed by the kind of man God is daily making him to be. If you could watch him as he relates to those Russians he regularly comes into contact with, you would know that God is working miracles in his life. I am so proud of the person he is, and even prouder of the person he is becoming.

I just never say it enough.
So before it's too late and time's up:
You're more than all I dreamed you'd be,
an answered prayer...a gift of God above.
I just never say it enough.
"Never say it enough" by Wayne Watson

It's a joke in my family that I never thought I would marry. I said I would marry the first man I met who was smarter than I and who I couldn't manipulate. I did. Never in a million years could I express in mere words what Marc means to me. But here's my best try: he means I'm never really lonely. He means I get to laugh more than most people. He means that I have someone to pray with every morning. He means that I have someone to gently tell me when I am headed down the wrong path with something. He means I have a partner in parenting. He means I get to watch him while he loves his kids more than life. He means I have the chance to see what real, hands-and-feet Christianity looks like lived out in full-color in front of me. He means I have someone with whom to practice my Russian and laugh at my mistakes. He means there is someone else on the planet who gets why I laugh every time Genghis Khan is mentioned. He means God loves me in a really tangible way.

I never say it enough, Marc. You are God's great blessing in my life. I am proud of you. I am proud of what you are doing here. I am proud that you didn't hesitate to leave it all behind and follow. I am proud that we no longer smell like fish from the belly of the whale. I am proud and honored and privileged to be your wife. You are the great love of my life, and I never let my feet hit the ground in the morning without thanking God for loving me enough to give me you. Watching you become the man God always knew you to be has been a joy, and I'm so glad I've had the front row seat for the miracles He has worked in your life, and in our life. You are an amazing man, and more importantly, you're God's man for me. Never, ever forget. Wherever you are, you are the most loved guy in the room.

Wherever you are in the world, I pray that you are so in love with your spouse that it makes you cry, and that you are ready for the birthday party at your house tonight. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a great guy!

Kay

Anonymous said...

I love that Wayne Watson song! Thanks for reminding me today of it. Praying for you and your family.

Hey my blog address is new. I had to move it. I put the link with my name.