Sunday, July 15, 2007

It is well with my soul

When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll, whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, "It is well, it is well with my soul."

I do not think there are adequate words to describe how much I have dreaded today, which is the day we say goodbye to our beloved church. I have cried almost as many tears over my church as I have my parents...and that's a whole bunch of tears. But this morning, I am settled. There is a peace about the day that cannot be explained except that God Himself has brought it. He has been so faithful. His plans are beyond my comprehension. This is all part of His glorious design. Hallelujah! "O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." (Isaiah 25:1)

Last night, my sisters and parents and aunt and uncle surprised me with a birthday celebration. For those of you who don't know, I turn one of the "0" numbers in a couple of weeks. I'll let you guess which one. My sisters gave me a gorgeous Vera Bradley bag, one that is both in a design I can carry in Russia and a pattern that won't stick out too much. I was so excited! I will proudly be carrying it this morning. I am soooo enjoying my time with my sisters!

Pray for us today. It will, no doubt, be a difficult day. However, I am thankful for a church that is missions-minded, that is excited about our going but not about our leaving, that has encouraged us along the way. Pray for me as I sing. I do not want to be so emotional that I sound terrible! But above all, pray that the God of Everything, who has done all of this, is glorified above all. He is worth all the goodbyes we have said, are saying today, and will say in the next two months. In the face of His love and sacrifice, what other response would be appropriate? None. And so, it is well with my soul.

Blessings to you and yours!
His,
Kellye

No comments: