Thursday, August 9, 2007

Looking to the nations

Look to the nations, watch and be utterly amazed for I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told. Habakkuk 1:5

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I received many emails yesterday of prayer support for our kids, and they had a really great day. In fact, last night as I was putting John-John to bed, he stretched and said, "I really enjoyed school today. I can't wait to go back tomorrow." I got tickled at him...he sounded like such a big man! By the way--the people who teach our children have all been on the mission field, and then chosen to follow God's call back to ILC to work for Him here. They are amazing people, and they were unbelievably well-prepared for our kids yesterday. They had cubbies and nametags and all kinds of things to make them feel at home. Hannah's teacher, Mr. Dustin, had already memorized who they were by last night...I watched him greet each of them by name. What a blessing to us. It's a time of transition for everyone, but they have certainly done everything possible to make it go as smoothly as it can.

Some of you have asked about what exactly ILC is. It's a huge farm which Southern Baptists use as a training center for missionaries. It used to be called MLC (missionary learning center), but the name had to be changed for security reasons. We live in quads with other families, sharing a large great room but having separate living space. It's so beautiful...yesterday Han and John-John and I went for a walk by the lake and saw a big old deer looking at us. It was awesome! There is a library for adults and one for kids, a computer lab, several big auditoriums, a surprisingly good cafeteria, and lots of living areas. Oh, and a gym...I haven't made my way there yet, having chosen just to walk the grounds instead.

Yesterday was the opening session for us. It was very moving. They had us stand up by regions...to see everyone who God has given a passion for their place at this time...He is so big. How He does it, I don't know. But if you could be here and see the absolute glow people have when they talk about their place, their people group, you would be amazed by Him. He has a vision for the nations. And as I looked out yesterday on my friends and colleagues, I couldn't help but wonder what He is up to in the world. You know which region had the largest number going? East Asia, a region synonymous with its only country, the largest on earth, which we don't mention for security reasons. Second largest group? NAME--North Africa and the Middle East. God has called them...and they've answered that call with the same passion we have for Russia. It gave me chills.

So look around. He's up to something big. Instead of asking Him to bless your plans for the day, I challenge you to pray for a passion for the lost of the world. I challenge you to look around, see where He's at work, and just show up with your sleeves rolled up and ready to go. There is great joy in obedience, my friends. In fact, I know that it's the greatest joy I've ever known in my life.

Blessings!
His,
kellye

No comments: