Wednesday, August 22, 2007

When your shoe gets stuck in Africa

"We are not sending you to build churches. We are sending you to be obedient to Christ. He'll build the church." An FPO worker.

Wow! What a statement! Again and again, we are being reminded that our faithfulness is not to a church-planting movement or a creed or doctrine, but to Christ Himself. (Esoos Khristos in Russian) That is both a huge responsibility and a huge weight off our shoulders. Faithfulness will be rewarded. It may not be the reward we sought when we started, but it will be rewarded.

I only have a few minutes this morning, but I couldn't resist telling you the story associated with the title. Hannah and her crochet club decided to "pretend fish" in the fountain by one of the buildings. This is a beautiful fountain with a wrought-iron globe in the center with the different continents clearly shown. Hannah is telling us this story as we walk to dinner, and the punch-line is, "And then I looked up, and my flip flop was stuck in Africa. I hate it when that happens!" We, of course, broke into fits of laughter, but Hannah thought nothing of it. Sometimes, your shoe gets stuck in Africa, and it's just a pain. My children's lives have certainly taken an interesting turn.

I will try to do more blogging later, but I am having trouble finding time. Know that I am happy and having a remarkable experience here. And I'm trying hard not to get my shoe stuck in Africa. Blessings!

His,
Kellye

No comments: