Wednesday, August 8, 2007

We had tacos last night for dinner

In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch. Psalm 5:3

This morning, I have ordered my prayer and am eagerly watching for what God is going to do. This is a day I have both longed for and dreaded--the first day of school at ILC (International Learning Center). The kids have been registered, we have our security beeper, backpacks are ready...and I am so nervous I could throw up. I read this morning in Acts that after Jesus' ascension, the believers were all joining together constantly in prayer, agreeing with one another about different things. So this morning, I am asking the believers to covenant together on behalf of my children. They are nervous. This is yet another transition. Do you get close to other kids here, only to leave them in eight weeks? Or do you sit by, lonely and on the outside, in order to protect yourself from losing someone else? My kids have given up their entire lives. Pray for them this morning. I am asking that you really pray for them. Call out their names before Him, and ask Him to bless them with peace today. I am counting on you for this. Thank you for your prayers. I know many of you have chosen to daily pray for one of them. What you do for my children, you do for me. Thanks.

On a less serious note, you're wondering a little about the title of today's blog. Yesterday, Marc told my friend Tara that his blog was "We had tacos for dinner," and my blog was "We had tacos for dinner, and this is how that makes me think of Jesus." I got kind of tickled at him. We do see the world differently, but in 17 years, we've never been happier. So, just to let you know, we did have tacos for dinner last night, and it didn't really make me think of Jesus. It did, however, make me a little bloated and gassy. :o)

A quick update on a story many of you have heard me tell. When we flew home from candidate conference in April, we got to know a young woman I'm going to call Laura for security reasons. Laura is a gorgeous blonde with more Vera Bradley than I've ever seen. She is headed to NAME (North Africa and the Middle East), a place that is not friendly to beautiful young blonde women with a penchant for Vera Bradley. When I asked her what her Momma thought of her going to NAME, she grinned and said, "My momma thinks they need missionaries in Canada." Marc saw Laura yesterday, and you'll be glad to know that she is gorgeous as a brunette, too. (Her hair had to be dyed in order to go where she's going.) Peaceful and calm and ready to go where God has called, no matter the cost...I am so in love with the Journeymen here. They are amazing and focused and wonderful. (Journeyman are between 22 and 30.) Pray for Laura today. God will know who you're talking about...He has security clearance.

Well, it's off to the cafeteria for breakfast. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for your prayers. You are sending us out the best way possible...by praying for us. I love you and hope today is full of blessings!
His,
Kellye

4 comments:

"Miss" Clair said...

I covered you and your children in prayer this morning. We love you very much.

Anonymous said...

I remember that feeling when we moved. We ache more for our kids than ever for ourselves. (we don't really have time to worry about us!) Hope today goes well to give them a good start. That will ease alot of their nervousness. Tell them Aunt Kay loves them and is praying for them.

Marc Ira Hooks said...

momma.
you have a penchant for blogs.
:)

Anonymous said...

Kellye,

God and your family love you very much. We continue to hold you all up in our prayers. I don't know the how's and why's of what God is doing, but we know that You and Marc are following His directions.