Thursday, October 11, 2007

You are Forever

I hear the music, and I try to sing along. You are the author and the orchestra of every single song. You are forever. “You are Forever” Travis Cottrell

Well, you are all sound asleep (I hope, because it’s 1:30 in the morning where you are!), and it’s time for my day to start. Actually, my day started a couple of hours ago, but now that I’ve showered, had time with God, and fed my children, it’s time for my day to really begin. My friend, Cathy, will be here soon to go with me to buy John-John a coat. Since we woke up this morning to white building tops (ice), it’s time for the coat to be purchased. I really, really enjoy my time with Cathy, so I’m looking forward to shopping and eating lunch with her. Her son, Hudson, is coming over to play with John-John while we’re out. It should be fun all around.

Nothing earth-shattering to report. I went to the grocery store all by myself yesterday. It only took me an hour to walk there, shop, and get back home, so I was pleased with that. Our flat is between two metro stops, so we can either trek a mile to the metro or take a bus in front of our house. Because of construction, however, the busses don’t seem to be following anything close to their published schedule, so it can take as long as 30 minutes waiting for a bus. It’s getting cold, so that’s a long time to wait. At least if you’re walking, you’re generating some heat.

We had dinner with our team leader’s family on Wednesday. They have five children, and at least one for each of my children to be friends with, so it was a great night. We really love the folks on our team, and are enjoying the time we get to spend with them. It’s also nice that there are children on our team, because my kids definitely are missing the kids from FPO. So tonight, Sarah Beth and Hannah are spending the night at our team leader’s house with two of his girls, and their son is coming here to spend the night with John-John. It should be a fun night for all concerned. It’s John-John’s first sleep-over, and he’s pretty excited about it. I know…John, excited? Who’d a thunk it? :o)

We are really enjoying being here finally. Yes, there are some things we miss, and of course, we miss people very much. But what a wonderful thing it is to be in the center of God’s will. I have to confess, there have been many, many years when we were not there, and it wasn’t that life was terrible, but it wasn’t fulfilling like this is fulfilling. I am sad only when I think about the years I have wasted being who I thought I should be instead of who God created me to be. He IS the author and the orchestra of every song…including the song that is my life. He created me to be a specific person. Along with Paul, I would say that I haven’t yet attained that, but I’m running with all my strength to win the prize He has set aside for me. Some days I trip and fall on my own two feet, but I’m still running toward Him. He’s faithful to pick me up when I stumble.

Darling friends, have you trusted Him and His plan for you? I can promise you that what He has for your life is far better than anything you could plan on your own. He is so good and true and faithful…and if you’ll just hand over the reins to Him, He will guide you down the path He has made just for you. Think of it…the God of the Universe, Creator of Everything, created a path just for you. Isn’t that amazing? I’m continually amazed at His goodness and mercy to me. If you’ll just trust Him, I know you’ll be amazed at Him, too. Blessings to you and yours!
His,
Kellye

No comments: