Monday, October 1, 2007

How can I say thanks?

For You, LORD, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You. Psalm 86:5

Do you remember the old Gaither song, "To God be the Glory"? The first verse said, "How can I say thanks for the things You have done for me? Things so undeserved yet You came to prove Your love for me. The voices of a million angels could not express my gratitude. All that I am and ever hope to be, I owe it all to You." As FPO comes to a close, I cannot find enough ways to say thank you to those of you who have loved us, supported us, prayed for us. I cannot express my gratefulness to the IMB who provides this training. I cannot possibly find words for the beloved family we have gained here. There are not enough words in my vocabulary for that. But you know what really, really brings me to my knees in gratitude? Our giant God. Every single day, He amazes me. Every day He shows me something of Himself that is new and fresh to me. Every morning, His mercies are new. As I stood in the room with my FPO family and listened to their hearts as they requested prayer, I was stunned by the way God is moving across the nations. And even more, I was humbled that He would call me to be at work where He is already moving like the wind. How is that possible? How can I say thanks enough for allowing me to be part of this?

The reality, of course, is that I cannot give back to Him what He has given to me. I don't have enough to give. But because I owe Him my life, I can give that back to Him. I'm not always good at that. I like to keep some stuff for myself. But I just can't. It's kind of an all or nothing proposition, this spirit-filled life.

How I love Him, and how I love you! If you're holding anything back, I promise you He can be trusted with it. He is imminently faithful, beyond our ability to even comprehend. He is trustworthy--I know because I've trusted Him. If you give Him your everything, He will abundantly give you more than you could even ask for. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! God is awesome. You are in my prayers and can't wait to hear from you in Moscow. Tell you mom to give you a hug from me. I always give her a hug from you and tell her that this hug is from Kellye and this one is from me. God Bless and happy flying.

Karen Beamish