Sunday, October 7, 2007

You are God alone!

You are God alone. From before time began, You were on Your throne, You were God alone. And right now, in the good times and bad, You are on Your throne. You are God alone. You’re unchangeable. You’re unshakeable. You’re unstoppable. “Not a god (God alone)” Billy and Cindy Foote

Prevyet from Moscow! As unbelievable as it seems to me, I am sitting on the bed in my flat in Europe’s largest city. How great is our God. If you have been on this journey with us for the last two years, I think you can appreciate my great joy at being here. If you have not, let me just say that it has been a long, arduous journey, but God has been at work every step of the way.

The trip wasn’t horrible. The flight from Dulles to Frankfurt was about 7.5 hours, and then we had a two-hour layover in Frankfurt for the 3 hour trip to Moscow. The kids did not sleep much, so we haven’t quite got their sleep cycle back on track—we were all up at 1:30 this morning watching Hogans Heroes and longing for sleep—but other than that, they’re doing fine. John-John has already made a friend on our team, Hannah and I went shopping with friends all day yesterday, and Sarah Beth went to a birthday party last night, so their social lives are already up and moving.

Some interesting ways God showed Himself (beyond getting our visas, which is nothing but a miracle):
1. At the airport, the lady who checked us (and our 19 bags) in studied our ticket, asked if we only were going one way and how long we were staying. When we said we were staying 3 years, she looked at us and grinned. She never weighed a single bag. In fact, the action packers we took—9 of them—never even went on the scale. So while we were charged for our excess baggage, we were not charged for our excess weight.
2. At Moscow customs, we could not get our bags through at once. Of course, customs was what we dreaded the most. Finally, Marc approached a customs official who had been looking at all of our bags. He said later that he just knew in his heart that this man meant us no harm. He explained that we were moving to Moscow, that our bags contained all of our possessions, and that we could not get through with all of our stuff on one trip. He asked if we could break the rules and he could come back to help get the rest of our stuff through customs. The guard asked what our two boxes were (our desktop computer), studied us for a moment, and then agreed that Marc could come back through customs to help me. We were stunned by the way God just worked out what looked to us (in our jet-lagged fuzziness) an impossible situation.
3. Our flat is amazing. It only has two bedrooms, but the kids’ room is large enough to split into two rooms with the finagling of some furniture. It was already set up that way when we got here by the IMB office here.
4. We have already made good friends with some of the folks on our team. They have blessed us in huge ways.
5. Hannah accidentally went through the wrong turnstyle at the metro and set off all kinds of alarms. Much to our surprise, the guard simply looked at us and waved her through.

Do you see how God is at work in every detail? I’m so amazed by Him. As I stood sipping tea this morning and looking out over the skyline of Moscow, all I could think was what a wonder He is. I am a girl from a small town living in a city of 15 million. For reasons unclear to me, the God of Everything has asked me to come alongside Him and work here, in this amazing place. How is that possible? All I know for sure is this—what He has for me is way better than anything I could dream up on my own. I was pretty content with my life in Florida. But maybe I was more complacent than content. When God used a series of events to get my attention, when He called me to this, He snapped me out of that complacency. And while life hasn’t been perfect since then, and it certainly hasn’t been easy, it’s also never been boring or dull.

Well, we are headed to the mall to eat lunch and buy some groceries—if you knew what I had in my house, you’d feel pitiful for my children. John-John had cheese crackers for breakfast! Oh, well…I’m pretty sure I forfeited my mother of the year award a while back. But we are practicing catching the bus in front of our flat and heading to where we need to go. I hope your day is as worshipful as ours has been. I hope that when you read this, you are encouraged that our giant God is at work where you are just like He’s at work here. And I hope that you know that you are loved beyond words by me! Blessings!
His,
Kellye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kellye and all,

It's so good to hear that you've finally made it to the field. God has certainly blessed you all thus far, and I am certain that He will continue to watch over you. Just knowing that yoú are on the other side of the world makes us miss you a little more. I look forward to the time when you feel comfortable in your environment and we can come visit. I know you will make a wonderful home for yourselves. The six of you, God and His 5 children will do wonderful things.

We're thinking of you and praying for you more than you can imagine.
Love you all,
Norma

Anonymous said...

Our business creates a business birthday card on the footing of unique and pretty projects.
These projects are carried revealed close the cards the best pike of explicit artists and designers in
the buy who are experts in every intelligibility of the word. They are also very supple, so you can
acquire jolly fascinating area press card designs, depending on the separate needs of each client.
We do not own a whiz printing machines undertaking the highest je sais quoi of each individualistic card.
Broad quote of dossier allows you to into the expectations of parallel with the most tough customers
from every conceivable industry. We certify the language and service of mammoth quantities of business
cards in the shortest credible time. In our case, the highest attribute is the satisfaction of the proposed
penalty and honest checking from people receiving and carrying out an pecking order in place of business cards.
With access to the services offered through our website, you can quickly and without undue
formalities place an degree as a remedy for goods, over again the project and approved it and ordered some job
cards. Elect our theatre troupe as a righteous business card is oft a guarantee fitting for success.
Greet
Merio [url=http://www.kalendarze.dogory.pl]Kalendarze[/url]

Anonymous said...

http://www.microgiving.com/profile/lexapro ectiban antidepresivo
http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ibuprofen motrin epocrates
http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ciprofloxacin cipro buy online
http://www.freewebs.com/ciprofloxacin500mg baycip sol
http://www.freewebs.com/paxilonline getting off paxil anxiety