Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sarah Beth!

"I don't know, Momma. Something is definitely in the air. Could be love. Could be pollen. But something is definitely in the air." --Sarah Beth on the glory of springtime

I am busy making preparations for our team meeting tonight, which will be held here in honor of S.B.'s birthday, so I only have a minute or two. This is, indeed, Sarah Beth's sixteenth birthday. How is that possible? Yesterday she was four, and today she's sixteen.

Many of you probably don't know that I was hospitalized two months before Sarah Beth was born. I remember sitting in that hospital bed, thinking I would never get up and have a life again, and wondering whether or not motherhood would make all of the pain worth it. Well, let me say that being Sarah Beth's mom is worth any pain I might have endured to get her here. Over the years, Sarah Beth has grown into a charming, witty person. Her facebook was full of birthday wishes this morning, and her phone has gone off with text messages all day. I am not surprised that people like her. I'm her mom, who washes her dirty clothes and has to get her up in the morning--and I really like her. My favorite qualities that Sarah Beth has are her great sense of humor, her love for her friends, and her absolute insistence on being herself. I do not know what God has in store for her, but I am pretty sure that whatever it is, it will not look like the path anybody else takes.

I'm making the birthday girl some macaroni and cheese for lunch, so I have to run. I hope wherever you are in the world, you are really thankful for the great way your kids are turning out and praising God for giving them to you in the first place. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

2 comments:

Marc Ira Hooks said...

SB's mom is the best!
She is fierce!!!

ILYBC

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sarah Beth

Karen B