Thursday, March 6, 2008

I can do all things...even be really sick

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:10-13

I would love to say that I haven't blogged in so long because I have been busy, busy, busy with ministry and language study and homeschooling. Unfortunately, I haven't blogged in a while because Marc and John-John and I have been so stinking sick. Saturday night the volunteer team from Texas took us to Hard Rock Cafe to eat dinner, and in the middle of it I realized I really didn't feel well. Sunday was okay, but I didn't feel great, and by Monday morning, I was sure I was going to die. Marc was even sicker than I--he actually passed out--and John-John concerned us all by running a high fever and being lethargic. I seriously don't even remember Monday or Tuesday at all. Thank heavens for our friends Kris and Frances, who continually dropped by and brought us stuff to drink and made sure our kids didn't starve to death.

We are feeling better today. I have actually been upright for two hours, eaten breakfast (not much, but some), and had a cup of coffee. Of course, I'm ready for bed now, but it's at least some improvement. The funny thing about being that sick is that you have no choice but to be content with how things are, because you can't change them. I didn't have the energy to complain or rail at God about being sick. All I could day was lie in bed and pray that I would not cough myself to death in the next hour.

That's about all I'm up to for today. I'll try to write something deep and meaningful soon...how I found real spiritual meaning in the size of the augmentin pill I'm taking perhaps...but for now, I'm pretty sure I'm done for the day. Thank you so much for the calls and emails and prayers I know have been sent up for us. We really do appreciate you all for that. Wherever you are in the world, I hope that you are sitting upright, drinking some coffee, and praising God for the nasal spray that's helping you breathe. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

No comments: