Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A special birthday present

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

I have very little time this morning, because Marc and I are headed to meet Irina and then on to the train station to purchase our tickets to Kiev for next week. We are excited about traveling to a new country, and grateful that they speak Russian there. (When did I start to be grateful for places that speak Russian? Don't I speak English? Hmmm...) Anyway, I wanted to share this picture Marc was able to lift off of our DVR recording of the Today show on S.B.'s birthday. My sister, Kay, and my nieces, Amy and Katie, went to the Today show on the 17th with a sign for Sarah Beth's birthday, and here they are!!! That's Amy on the right and Katie on the left, and Kay is actually behind Meredith Viera's head. What a special thing to do for our girl on her birthday. We were so excited, and Sarah Beth was really, really excited. She had such a great birthday, and we are so grateful for all the people who worked to make it special--even getting up early and heading out in the cold New York morning to hold a sign. Do I have the best family or what?

I'm headed out. I love you guys. Thanks for reading this. I pray that wherever you are in the world, you are getting to go someplace where they speak your second language, and that someone loves you enough to stand in the cold with a sign on your birthday! Blessings to you and yours!
His,
Kellye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that Today show thing show 65 degrees? It was like 29 and from the way I am dresses it looks like -29! That was soooo fun. I just wanted that sign on so bad, and it was so fun that it was during American Idol for SB!

Have a great day!

Love,

Kay

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.