Wednesday, June 20, 2007

God is at work!

I cannot tell you every way God is at work in our lives. As the Psalmist wrote, if I tried, they would outnumber the grains of sand. But here are just a few ways the God of Everything is doing big stuff around us. I hope they are an encouragement to you.

1. We sold our house in four days. Need I say more?
2. San Jose Baptist Church is letting us live in their mission house, which is absolutely perfect and furnished with every single thing we could want or need, for the month of July. They have been amazing and encouraging and uplifting in so many ways. We are so honored and humbled at the way they are taking care of us.
3. My friend Barb is helping me with the huge yard sale this weekend at which we must get rid of all our earthly belongings. I am a yard sale idiot, so I cannot tell you the ways in which this is a huge blessing to me.
4. My parents have come over every day to work and help with the kids. We absolutely could not be making this move without them. And what fun we have had sifting through our junk and laughing (and crying a little) at the memories we have found.
5. Marc's parents are storing our stuff so we don't have to buy a storage unit.
6. We are leaving the country completely debt-free.
7. Our children, who are under tremendous stress, have actually been okay. They have enjoyed finding some special things that they will take with them to Russia to make it home.
8. Sarah Beth has been a huge help...laundry, dishes, going through the thousands of pictures and putting them in albums...and has never once complained.


Get the idea? Everywhere we look, there are blessings, evidences of the God who holds us in the palm of His hand, where our names are already written. If you look closely, most of these things are not supernatural or unbelievable--they're just ordinary things that God is working through to produce extraordinary fruit in our lives. If you look at your own life, I would bet money that He is blessing you in many of the same ways. Who or what is He using in your life? I challenge you to be aware of them, and to thank Him with a joyful heart this morning for the ways He is at work. He is up to something big!

Blessings to you and yours!
His,
Kellye

No comments: