Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Isn't this moving really fast?

I giggle a little when I get this question. Folks will ask when we're leaving, and when told that we only have several weeks left here, they inevitably ask that question. It makes me want to ask if they remember that it took 18 months to get to this point! Of course, people are well-meaning, and if you haven't been in on every twist and turn of the IMB process, it does seem like it's moving really fast. Marc and Alan (our pastor) decided it was a little bit like being a ski jumper. You sit at the top and wait for what seems like forever, and then suddenly find yourself screaming downhill. We are definitely screaming downhill.

This morning, I came across an old hymn that I'd never heard of that really spoke to me. It's "O Zion, Haste," by Mary Anne Thompson, and this is the last verse:
Give of thy sons to bear the message glorious;/Give of thy wealth to speed them on their way;/Pour out they soul for them in prayer victorious;/ And all thy spending Jesus will repay.

So many of you have done all of those things for us. You've given us to God, you've given money to help us on our way, and you've definitely poured out your soul in prayer for us. How in the world will we ever repay you for your kindnesses? We can't, but what a comfort to know that Jesus can and will repay you for us. Thank you for your faithfulness.

On a humorous note for those who know Tara Gilpin's possum story: Yesterday morning, one of the neighborhood cats left a "gift" of a dead naked baby possum on our doorstep. Its little legs were straight up in the air, it was lying on its back...and all I could think was, "'At's sweet, ain't it?" Of course, then I yelled for Marc to remove it from the front step. If you don't know the story, you MUST ask me. It is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my whole life.

Alright, I hear stirring in the other room, so I must run. Please remember Hannah in your prayers this week--she is at camp, her last here, and I think there will be moments when "the last" thing will be hard for her. Blessings to all of you and yours!

His,
Kellye

No comments: