Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The tunnel of chaos

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the LORD? or who has been His counselor?" "Who has ever given to God that God should repay him?" For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. Romans 12:33-36

I honestly only have a couple of minutes before I have to get in the shower and get going to school with John and Han, but I wanted to touch base, realizing it has been a while since I checked in with you. It has been a wild week--Sunday night/Monday morning, we hosted a Super Bowl party at our house that began at 2 a.m., and Tuesday night, my friend Frances and I had a sleepover where we watched Super Tuesday returns. (How good is our God, that He gave me a friend who loves politics like I do?) I am certainly feeling all of my 40 years right now, because my days of all-nighters are definitely behind me.

I was looking over some stuff we did at FPO, and I got a little tickled. I was looking at the handout from our session over the mourning process in transition to the field. Just so my "mission friends" know, we have officially started poking our heads out of the tunnel of chaos. Yea!!! I just had to grin as I remembered that session. They asked if anyone had left a beloved pet behind, and as I raised my hand, I broke into sobs. My friend Vicki and I were basketcases during the small group time, making our leader (and wonderful friend) Larry very, very uncomfortable. It was very early in FPO, and I think it was the first time Larry and I saw starkly the differences in our personalities. Instead of making us not like each other, I'm pretty sure it just made us a really good match. Larry swiftly became one of Marc's closest friends, and we talk to them often. I just couldn't help laughing at the memory of Vicki and I crying our way through small group.

Well, I really have to run. I haven't even made muffins this morning yet, so I have to get a lot done before I can get out of here. One cute John story before I go. On Tuesday, I had such a bad headache that I brought John home after his lesson, and Marc came to school to pick up Hannah. On the way to the metro, John held tightly to my hand the whole time. I didn't think much about that until he said, "Mommy, you know what I like to hold your hand?" "Why, John?" I replied. "It just helps me remember that I'm not alone." Okay, I could make a whole metaphor about our relationship to God, etc., etc., but I'll just be a mommy instead. In the words of my friend, Tara, "That's sweet, ain't it?" Wherever you are in the world, I hope your muffins are already baking, you're not running behind like I am, and you have someone to hold your hand and remind you that you are not alone. Blessings to you and yours!

His,
Kellye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That John has such a sweet heart! That made me want to just pick him up and hug him.

Ya'll have a good one!

Love,

Kay